Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New yarn

As I've already said, the HP socks have been eating at me. And that Wildfoote from the stash just wasn't working. So yesterday, my friend and I headed out for a yarn & craft expedition. So, here is the haul.... not shown - the newest Interweave Knits, obtained with a 50% off coupon at the craft store. Boy, they had hidden it well.....


I've been place in Ravenclaw by a few of those "sorting hat" tests, so I decided to go with Ravenclaw's colors. Yes, the blue is a bit dark, but you try finding solid colored sock yarn these days! As you can see, I've been quite busy with them in the last 24 hours, but it is an easy pattern to knit. The Trekking is this great tweedy blue-gray, and I'm carrying some DMC metallic along with it to give it some sparkle. The heels will be in the same Trekking, but without the carry-along, I'm afraid it will be too abrasive and cut through the yarn in that spot.

Don't you just love the zig-zag in the Horcrux part, just like Harry's scar?

And I shouldn't forget to mention these as well:

Took younger son camping this past weekend and had to buy some reading material for the trip. I'm not sure I needed the Simply Knitting magazine, but I couldn't resist the little notions bag that came with it. Its got balls of yarn in all different colors on it, so cute!

The Stephanie Pearl-McPhee book is excellent, as you would expect. Kept me laughing and laughing. I'm about 2/3rds done with it, have to make some reading time this weekend.

No comments: